Ms. Miri Gadot – CEO of the Security Management & Leadership Institute of ISA – ISRAEL
B.A in History, Hebrew Language and M.A in Asian Studies.
Military Service at the Israeli Defense force (IDF),
An Islamic and Middle East Specialist.
Licensed Coach to Empower and Strengthen
Senior Educator, Mentor, Coacher, specializing in leading “Train the Trainer” programs for
teaching strategies and special education needs, indoor and outdoor pedagogic methodologies.
SECURITY & COUNTER TERRORISM
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
STRENGTH TROUGH KNOWLEDGE & EXPERTISE
“Out of the box”
Israeli Security Management qualification programs
Insights – International security industry future trend and requirements
Criminals, separatists, fundamentalists and Terrorists are always trying to capitalize on the advancement of growing nations. These countries are striving to achieve economic development through foreign investment; however, a significant lack of secure and safe conditions prevents and even jeopardizes economic developments and corporate expansion. Creating an increasing need for services related to the protection of assets and VIPs such as experts, engineers, journalists, people with sensitive knowledge, and facilities holding sensitive or valuable materials and assets.
While businesses and government policy are evolving to fit the modern globalized international environment, the threats of both violent crime and terrorism have followed suit and have also become globalized. This has caused countries, companies and organizations worldwide to re-establish themselves to fill the void in the security field. Security, has taken the forefront in international, governmental and corporate strategies and the need for qualified protection and security specialists, consultants and advisers is paramount. Both governments and private companies are developing methods and tactics to stay one-step ahead of these threats and these professionals are the key to success in doing so.
There is a growing tendency for the authorities to transfer public security missions traditionally held by law enforcement to private security companies/organizations, endowing them with the responsibility for the public’s safety now more than ever before.
With the increase in the amount and scope of threats, businesses, the public, the state and other bodies realize that in our times the job of the Chief of Security is crucial for the success of any organization.
The Chief of Security has numerous responsibilities and though his actions will depend on the character, activities and location of the organization he will work for, his job will always inevitably involve detecting the weak points of the organization and securing them. His duty is to prevent any harm to his organization through all means placed at his disposal.
In the Military
The company’s commander is the most influential leader in the infantry battlefield!
In the International Security Industry
The OPERATIONAL CHIEF OF SECURITY is the most influential leader in the security array!
Our Institute – Introduction
The Security Management & Leadership Education institute is the first Academic & Practical Security Management qualification institute that was founded by the International Security Academy – Israel, a practical training center for Elite protection personnel and Management from the governmental and civilian sectors worldwide founded on 1987 by Mr. Mirza David.
Our Israeli based organization has analyzed the many factors that produce and enable violent crime and terrorism to exist. Years of experience in police and military special units as well as various security establishments have allowed us to analyze many factors that produce and enable “Bad guys” action. We have many years of hands-on experience in understanding the mind-sets of violent offenders and terrorists and how they operate.
Our team at the International Security Academy – Israel has been directly involved for years in developing strategies to cope with various forms of terrorism. We are devoted to developing innovative and effective methods of combating violent offenders and terrorists.
We are a proactive organization that provides our students with unique and effective tools and strategies for dealing with all forms of violent behavior or terrorism. Those who experience training at the I.S.A – ISRAEL improve their practical skills and understanding of their adversary. Our instruction empowers our graduates to effectively combat violence and/or terrorism.
We have developed programs that offer our students practical training that is taught by seasoned professionals. Our methods involve intense counter violent crime and terrorism simulations that utilize proven methods of handling threatening situations. Participants engage in a variety of drills and training that prepares them to handle potential attackers, kidnappers, stalkers and terrorists.
Our programs include many topics intended to improve the mental and physical capabilities of our students as they learn to deal with violence and terrorism worldwide.
OUR UNIQUE INSTRUCTIONAL METHODS:
- Our secret weapon is the development of the inner-strength of each individual (The Human Factor!). Technology and accessories are always secondary or complementary.
- Our instruction methods, knowledge, and training methods improve the mental and physical abilities of our trainees, thus improving their confidence and enabling them to perform extremely well under stress in emergency situations.
- Our trainees originate from diversified backgrounds, and participate to create amicable training relationships.
History Of Educational Concepts
Greek Gods were down-to-earth and “less awesome” than the remote gods of the East. Because they were endowed with human qualities and often represented aspects of the physical world – such as the sun, the moon, and the sea – they were closer to humankind and to the world, they lived in. The Greeks, therefore, found spiritual satisfaction in the ordinary, everyday world. They developed a secular life free from the domination of a priesthood that exacted to pay homage to gods. The goal of education in the Greek culture was to produce citizens trained in the arts of both peace and war.
Spartans believed in a life of discipline, self-denial, and simplicity. They were very loyal to the state of Sparta. Their purpose of education was to produce a well-drilled, well-disciplined marching army. Every Spartan, male or female, was required to have a perfect body. The goal of education in the Spartan culture was to produce mentally & physically empowered soldier-citizens.
ISA – ISRAEL’S SECURITY QUALIFICATION CONCEPT
ADDING PRACTICAL EXPERIENCES TO THE ACADEMIC ENVIRONMENT WILL TIE THE LOOSE ENDS
CHIEF SECURITY OFFICER
Directs and manages the Security and Safety Service which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Defines security and safety policies and standards at the premises.
- Initiates and reviews all operational planning and standard operational procedures (SOP) applicable to the conduct of security operations.
- Supervises and controls the functions of security according the defined organizational structure.
- Directs and deploys supervisors and officers to ensure the most effective and efficient provision of security and safety services.
- Provides leadership to the Security department.
- Elaborates recruitment policy in consultation with the Human Resources Management Service.
- Directs the security management team, by supervising the development of each security related project together with appropriate entities of the Divisions.
- Ensures prudent financial resource management.
- Coordinates effective security provision with local police/security services.
- Develops and implements security and safety training programs, including weapon training and security related information technology and organizes special training sessions for staff and security personnel.
- Makes special security arrangements for visiting Heads of State and other high-level officials and for dedicated events and conferences including security risk assessments and conference security, outside the duty station.
- Coordinates security measures pertaining to travel of the VIPs, as required, and manages the provision of additional security services.
- Maintains regular and effective communications.
- Based on regular and ad hoc threat assessments, develops a risk mitigation/management strategy for the objects’, including major events, such as conferences, meetings, VIP visits.
- Develops and updates, local security policies, plans and procedures and their implementation.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of physical and security and safety installations in the context of the organizational resilience management system.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Top management.
- Excellent knowledge of the security management, combined with other security specialization and sound political and social knowledge.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor’s language, tone, style and format to match audience.
- Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Uses time efficiently.
- Serves as a role model that other people want to follow.
- Empowers others to translate vision into results/
- Is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support.
- Anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions.
- Drives for change and improvement; does not accept the status quo.
- Shows the courage to take unpopular stands; provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
- Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly.
- Gathers relevant information before planning and decision.
- Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them.
- Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization.
- Proposes a course of action and or makes a recommendation based on all available information.
- Checks assumptions against facts.
- Determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision.
- Makes tough decisions when necessary.
VIP/CLOSE PROTECTION TEAM LEADER
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
Management of the Close Protection Team:
- Manages the Close Protection (CP) Team in accordance with Agency close protection guidance;
- Implements mitigation strategies to deter or deny any identified threat to preserve the security, safety and wellbeing of the Agency’s Protégée;
- Produces and coordinates his/her units operational plans, exercises and reviews courses of action in conjunction with the assessed threat and in accordance with Agency’s close protection policy, guidance and standard operating procedures.
- Conducts all close protection operations as outlined by the Agency’s close protection policies and guidelines; and ensures that close protection operations are conducted in accordance with Agency’s methodology and standards;
- Establishes and deploys close protection teams tactically trained to meet the assessed threat;
- Prepares regular operational reports with analysis and recommendations;
- Establishes clear lines of authority between members of the VIP/CP Team;
- Provides risk briefings to Agency’s managers on close protection concerns for the official travels or daily activities of his Protégée;
Administrative and training requirements:
- Determines equipment, facility and supply needs based on operational requirements.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts close protection training and exercises to ensure that operational readiness and competence is maintained to the Agency’s standards.
- Supervises the performance of individual team members.
- Establishes a rotational schedule for CP Team members, in and out of the unit.
- Identifies gaps in existing capability and makes recommendations for amendment where necessary.
- Supervises monitoring of equipment of teams and ensures minimum equipment requirements are supplied, maintained and deployed in accordance with relevant policy.
- Coordinates with the Protection Coordination Officer or equivalent in drafting the Statements of Requirements and provides technical specifications for the procurement of unit and team equipment.
- Provides inputs related to close protection to the mission’s budget proposal.
Coordination of CP activities:
- Gathers and analyses information relevant to the tactical level of close protection operations, in coordination with relevant parties, to include other appropriate security organizations as required.
- Within delegated authority, liaises with relevant host country civilian police, military, law enforcement officials and others as necessary.
- Coordinates with other mission security, military and/or police components and support services.
Security inspections and surveys:
- Assists the Senior CSO in the preparation of the threat and tactical risk assessments reports recommending close protection specialized mitigating measures based on the threat identified.
Academic and professional qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate. A valid driver’s license is required.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the military, police or security management is required.
- A minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in close protection, as well as a minimum two years of experience in close protection management at the supervisory level with a national, private or international security organization is required.
- At least one year experience and exposure at the international level and in a conflict or a post conflict environment is required.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of close protection weapons, communications, surveillance equipment, and vehicles is required.
Excellent command of the English language
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in stressful environments.
- Demonstrated ability of excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills and the ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies and to identify priority activities and assignments.
- Able to identify the key issues in complex situation of close protection operations.
- Able to gather relevant information before making a decision and consider positive and negative impact on others and on the Organization.
- Excellent knowledge of close protection tactics and techniques combined with a solid background of military, police or security specialization.
- Able to recognize and appropriately react to threats.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress factor when encountered in close protection operations.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Identifies the key issues in complex situation of close protection operations.
- Demonstrated capability of rapid decision-making in emergencies (with little margin of error), under conditions of extreme stress or when rapid response is required.
- Completion of an international, national or commercial close protection training is desirable.
- Recent (within two years) successful completion of an emergency trauma bag certification or equivalent of an first aid certification is desirable.
- High standard of physical fitness is desirable.
- VIP / Close Protection Officer Certification is highly desirable.
- VIP/Close Protection Team Leader Certification is highly desirable.
- Training in martial arts and/or specialized security practices is an asset.
Security Management & leadership & Studies
For the 21st century
“Adding practical experience to an academic environment”
Our Program’s Uniqueness
Our Programs are the most up to date Academic & Practical qualification programs launched for the International Homeland/Domestic security industry. The programs are the most comprehensive and enhancing programs offered to those who wish to be the best.
What makes our program the most comprehensive, is that it is unique in its field; our Programs are multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary courses that combines both the academic theoretical aspect of Security Management & Leadership as well as a practical application in both security and counter crime or terrorism.
Graduates of our programs will finish the degree with real world and practical experience in the security industry and will be prepared for positions within the Governmental & Civilian Homeland/Domestic security domains.
The program’s overarching mission is to produce a new generation of security executives, analysts, policymakers, and scholars fully knowledgeable about the range of international and national security issues of the 21st Century. The syllabus has over 70 years of Israeli and worldwide experience for preparing students with a wide range of backgrounds to become leaders in their fields.
The Security Management & leadership Program’s curriculums are designed to give students an array of course options which provide a solid foundation in core security issues. The depth and breadth of its course offerings stimulate students to pursue their intellectual and professional interests and develop their own areas of specialization, whether it is traditional intelligence and defense analysis, international security problems in general, emerging issues such as counter terrorism measures or public empowerment.
OUR INSTITUTE comprises leading scholars and practitioners in security affairs. Our faculty has years of distinguished service in the Israeli government. Classroom instruction is consequently enriched with an understanding and appreciation of the real-world issues with which security executives, commanders and leaders must contend. The result is a program that combines the best of both worlds— Academic and Practical relevance.
Our program has combined many disciplines together to teach our students the information that is necessary for them to be future leaders in creating policy and installing security measures to effectively fight violent crime and terrorism in their country. When trying to upgrade security, and reduce the threat of terrorism in a country, it is important for future policy makers and the security establishment to be well versed in the social sciences, such as political science and security studies, as well as psychology, sociology, criminology, law, economics, history and anthropology.
Knowledge of all of these disciplines will greatly enhance their ability to make policy decisions and understand the root causes of their security problems, the people that cause these issues, why these people do it, how these security problems effect the government, the public and the economy, the legal ramifications of government decisions, and how their decisions will affect the country’s economy and the world economy. This theoretical understanding will equip graduates of this program with the necessary skills and know how to successfully combat crime and terrorism and create effective policy for the future.
Our Training programs are different, special and unique; we supply each participant with an unforgettable practical experience.
Protection & Counter terrorism
Management Specialization – 4 weeks course
Security & Counter Terrorism
Chief Security Officer – 3 YEARS
Security & Counter Terrorism Specialization
Analyst, Consultant – 1 YEAR