DIPLOMA 1 – Protection & Counter terrorism ELITE Protection Personnel Specialization
|PROTECTION & COUNTER TERRORISM
The ultimate qualification quest for Elite Protection personnel
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION :
ONLINE CERTIFICATION FOR COURSES 1 + 2
THE PRACTICAL COMPLETION TRAINING CONSIST :
|Israeli VIP / Close Protection Concepts, Methods And Tactics
CLASSIC – SINGLE OPERATION
|Israeli Security, Protection, Counter Terrorism Procedures and||Course 2|
|Our Training programs are different, special and unique;
we supply each participant with an unforgettable practical experience !!!
WE, at ISA-ISRAEL, have trained in the last 32 years thousands of ELITE Protection operatives and Management personnel from more than 100 countries. We are proud to realize that we have reached an internationally acclaimed status and we are considered as “one of the Best” institution for security qualification. Thus, we continue to enhance, improve and maximize our Graduates employment opportunities after qualifying with ISA – ISRAEL. The Multinational aspect of our groups assist in networking an aspect that after graduation assists participants to manage and develop their professional careers individually. In order to give our trainees real “field” experience we run our courses in a unique and especial “moving training mode” . Means:
WE, at ISA-ISRAEL, have trained in the last 32 years thousands of ELITE Protection operatives and Management personnel from more than 100 countries.
We are proud to realize that we have reached an internationally acclaimed status and we are considered as “one of the Best” institution for security qualification. Thus, we continue to enhance, improve and maximize our Graduates employment opportunities after qualifying with ISA – ISRAEL.
The Multinational aspect of our groups assist in networking an aspect that after graduation assists participants to manage and develop their professional careers individually.
In order to give our trainees real “field” experience we run our courses in a unique and especial “moving training mode” .
The Corona Pandemic restrictions and its ” slowdown ” economic impacts create massive dramatic changes Globally, that has brought to all areas of life has also created serious concerns for both Personal Security & Safety and the protection of investments located in critical areas around the globe.
However, an especially important branch of the civil security sector – the VIP/Close Protection branch – has not been given enough attention and preparation for its improved functioning in the 21st century.
The lack of sufficient secure and safe conditions for these executives prevents or reduce economic developments for the entire world society.
Due to the fact that we are aware to the vitality and contribution of this special security field to public needs, and after discussions and thorough research, with Professional active colleagues and also with many distinguished clients from worldwide.
The need for qualified Elite Protection Operatives capable of providing services related to the protection of assets (sensitive installations) and VIPs such as experts, engineers, journalists, UN employees and even cargo ship’s crews has increased tremendously.
A few hundred years ago in the western world there were those who chose to serve in the protection of their employers, and they were called “Musketeers.” In Asia, they were known as “Samurai” or “Biaushi” in China. No matter what they were called, all knew the definition of their profession and their duties:
To keep their Protégé’s secure and safe wherever they went!
Today, due to the high demand and need to privatize certain functions of government to the civilian workforce, this specialized field of Personal protection services has become one of the fastest growing sectors. Countries, companies, and organizations worldwide are currently reestablishing themselves in order to fill the void in the security field.
This sector gave society a few norms of behavior that gained high respect and honor from its communities.
In the 21st century, those who deal with the protection of their employers are called Bodyguards, Close Protection Operatives, and VIP/Executive Protection Specialists. More recently, they have been called PSD Operators and Personal Security Details/Detachments because of their deployment in High-risk zones or missions, which have become known as the most dangerous areas for VIPs (not necessary heads of state).
These specially trained and highly skilled personnel are hired to protect individuals or assets of organizations that operate in High-Risk environments like Africa, and South America and ….
Many romantic stories and legends were told about these unique individuals and in most of these stories they were described as the bravest of warriors, heroes, or supermen. This profession created an aura around those who chose to specialize and live by the rules of the field. It is one of the oldest professions in the world.
In order for this trend to continue and to help the Civilian Security Industry to develop, we, the Security Executives in the various Private Sectors, must also improve ourselves and accumulate as much know-how and practical experience as possible.
“This is not merely an idea,
It’s the reality of the social and global evolution”
For BALKAN – EUROPE
The objective of this qualification quest is to prepare a new cadre of ELITE Protection professionals who will steer the Private Security Industry of BALKAN – EUROPE through the hostile times ahead. The times that have been a result of the pandemic, loss of economic opportunities, increase in crime, Political polarisation, sophistication in modus operandi and the lack of preparedness on our end to mitigate them all.
Below explained is the process in brief of how this program will be executed together, by ISA-Israel and its partners (You) in the coming months. The said program will be transforming its participants using the content form the Israeli Security Doctrine, Elite & Unique Training Methodologies, and The Mental & Physical Preparedness ISA-Israel has built since 1987.
The Qualification Process for a participant to become an ELITE Close/Protection Professional is set to be 9 weeks as per ISA-Israel Standards. These 9 weeks will melt the the metal of its participants and re-engineer them into elements who can DETER, IDENTIFY, MITIGATE most security threats (in that order) that we have faced so far.
This process is shared in brief in the pages ahead. Feel free to revert for any queries that you might have on the Process and we will be happy to discuss/explain.
A robust security setup is not about technology or sophistication of weapons.
It’s the strength that is packed into the human element that doesn’t accept defeat.
Method – Principles
APENDIX 1 – Evaluation Standards and its system
The competitive training evaluation standards and system will be determined by:
Evaluations Qualities and qualifications to be tested by the evaluators:
The entire process will be filmed and broadcasted!!!
What is so special about this Qualification Quest?
Close Protection is about SILENCE.
Reconnaissance, Arrival, Stay & Departure must be as quiet as one must get.
Level 1 – Selection & Preparation – 21 Days / 3 Weeks
To choose from or to prepare those enrolled into the program for what is to come in the next 9 weeks. The process will include general interviews of candidates, aptitude tests, basic training and physical ability tests to make sure we invest our resources in the right candidates. They will be introduce the qualified participants to the ISA-Israel’s Security Bible. A Document with over 4000 pages of practical and proven security literature that has been developed and that still goes through reform constantly with time and situations.
Training Objective: Preparatory /Suitability test training for recruiting and selecting capable contestants from the different regions in the chosen state/country, these will consist of:
Duration – 1 Week/6Days
ISA-Israel’s instructors will run a preparatory training for candidates interested in joining the professional VIP/Close Protection domain and training.
Preparatory Training Syllabus – 14 Days/ 2 Weeks
Mental Preparedness & Empowerment Training Program
This is an extensive practical training program initiated by ISA-Israel, based on the real Israeli expertise, concepts, and methods to strengthen people when coping with high pressure situations. It deals with self-empowerment and team-empowerment.
The program’s objectives
What is so special in this training program?
Personal empowerment training activities
The participants will:
This level is expose to the participants what will be needed from them in terms of physical, mental and emotional toughness in order to learn the time tested Israeli concepts of protection, methods to strengthen oneself and those in the team to successfully deal with high pressure situations arising from hostile threats/ situations, terrorism, and other man created and god intended situations that might arise while they stand guard to that they are assigned to protect.
Predict, Prepare, Protect, Prevent, Preserve.
Security philosophy that was born during this phase of my training in Israel.
Level 2 – VIP/Close Protection Classic Single Operation – 21 Days / 3 Weeks
To qualify the candidates in understanding the principles of the VIP/Close Protection Security Architecture. Everything that goes into selecting & developing tools, tactics and personnel.
The training objectives:
What is so special in this training program?
By the end of this level, the participants are qualified to be detailed as single operatives for VIP’s. They will have learned how to operate as individuals protecting a principle. They would have learnt the key elements of the Israeli Protection Doctrine and will be qualified for not just VIP/Close protection but also a wide range of security operations when they are required to do so.
The key differentiator between the Israeli Close protection instruction and what is prevalent today in BALKAN – EUROPE is to not create RAMBO-STYLE operatives who draw unnecessary attention to the VIP. The operatives trained by ISA-Israel have the knowhow to blend into the environment and keep their principle secured at all times. The KRAV MAGA + VIP Protection drills empower the participants with high levels of self confidence and self reliance to be able to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to be successful at their job.
They will also learn the importance of collecting, collating, interpreting and utilising data (intelligence) related to their principle in order to keep them safe and secured. They will present case studies of close protection missions where the principle was taken to safety and those where the principle was lost. There will be simulations of real life situations that will expose their proficiency of having understood the Israeli Close Protection doctrine they have spent 14 + 21 days, on. They will also be introduced to the basic of VIP driving (only those with valid BALKAN – EUROPE Driving License), area and people sanitisation techniques, identifying adversary by body language, modus operandi, etc.
The amount of REALISM we pack in our training, determines our success during conflict.
Unless mental and physical limitations are eliminated during training,
the conflict will not oﬀer victory.
Level 3 – VIP/Close Protection
Team, Management & Leadership – 21 Days / 3 Weeks
To qualify the candidates to work as teams to protect their principle. Working in a close protection team is both efficient and dangerous. While there is leverage of many eyes, minds and hands, a wrong move by one could push the entire team and their principle into dangerous waters. So this level become as much important to build the ELITE operative as any other.
The training objectives
What is so special in this training program?
Participants in this level learn to work in teams. This is where the ego’s clash and it brings out the leader in each. Inevitably they fail in the first few drills. And then they learn to adapt and adjust to each other. The most critical aspect of a team – Spirit De Corps is built. They understand delegation of protective processes, coordination between various teams designated with specific roles, changing roles based on crisis or situational requirements, convoy procedures, selection of vehicles, dynamics of reconnaissance, integrating different aspects of their principles professional and personal life, handling client information, validating his info, maintaining Operational Secrecy. Each participant will be placed in leadership roles at the most hostile situations.
You can relate this level to the ‘Antim Pag’ that cadet officers cross in the armed forces. By this level, everything that can possibility hold these ELITE Operatives back would have been destroyed many times. Mentally, Physically and Emotionally, they are now ready to be deployed to protect the ELITE principles as both single operatives, in teams and even Lead a protection team as an ELITE Team Leader.
© 2007-2008 International Security Academy – Mirza David Ltd (“ISA”). All rights reserved. The concepts and formats contained herein are the sole property of ISA, are protected by law – and have been recorded as such by international organizations. Any reproduction, distribution, transmission, display, publication or broadcast of this material, or any part thereof, without the prior written permission of ISA – ISRAEL is strictly prohibited. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the material. By receiving and reading this material, you agree that you will not challenge the rights of ISA in this material and that you will not register, attempt to register, use, or attempt to use in any way, any concept and/or format identical or confusingly similar to the ones expressed herein.
Requirements & Duties description by International NGOs
and other International security related employers
- Completion of an international, national or commercial close protection training is desirable.
- ELITE Protection Team Leader Certification is highly desirable.
- Recent (within two years) successful completion of an emergency trauma bag certification or equivalent of a first aid certification is desirable.
- High standard of physical fitness is desirable.
- Training in martial arts and/or specialized security practices is an asset.
- English communication capacity and control
Academic and professional qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent technical or vocational certificate.
A valid driver’s license is required.
- A minimum of ten years of experience in the military, police or security management is required.
- A minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in close protection, as well as a minimum two years of experience in close protection management at the supervisory level with a national, private or international security organization is required.
- At least one year experience and exposure at the international level and in a conflict or a post conflict environment is required.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of close protection weapons, communications, surveillance equipment, and vehicles is required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in stressful environments.
- Demonstrated ability of excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills and the ability to develop clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies and to identify priority activities and assignments.
- Able to identify the key issues in complex situation of close protection operations.
- Able to gather relevant information before making a decision and consider positive and negative impact on others and on the Organization.
- Excellent knowledge of close protection tactics and techniques combined with a solid background of military, police or security specialization.
- Able to recognize and appropriately react to threats.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress factor when encountered in close protection operations.
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Identifies the key issues in complex situation of close protection operations.
- Demonstrated capability of rapid decision-making in emergencies (with little margin of error), under conditions of extreme stress or when rapid response is required.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In accordance with Agency policy and procedures, the incumbent:
Management of the Close Protection Team:
- Manages the Close Protection (CP) Team in accordance with the close protection guidance;
- Implements mitigation strategies to deter or deny any identified threat to preserve the security, safety and wellbeing of the Protégée;
- Produces and coordinates his/her unit’s operational plans, exercises and reviews courses of action in conjunction with the assessed threat and in accordance with Agency’s close protection policy, guidance and standard operating procedures.
- Conducts all close protection operations as outlined by the Agency’s close protection policies and guidelines; and ensures that close protection operations are conducted in accordance with Agency’s methodology and standards;
- Establishes and deploys close protection teams tactically trained to meet the assessed threat;
- Prepares regular operational reports with analysis and recommendations;
- Establishes clear lines of authority between members of the VIP/CP Team;
- Provides risk briefings to Agency’s managers on close protection concerns for the official travels or daily activities of his Protégée;
Administrative and training requirements:
- Determines equipment, facility and supply needs based on operational requirements.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts close protection training and exercises to ensure that operational readiness and competence is maintained to the Agency’s standards.
- Supervises the performance of individual team members.
- Establishes a rotational schedule for CP Team members, in and out of the unit.
- Identifies gaps in existing capability and makes recommendations for amendment where necessary.
- Supervises monitoring of equipment of teams and ensures minimum equipment requirements are supplied, maintained and deployed in accordance with relevant policy.
- Coordinates with the Protection Coordination Officer or equivalent in drafting the Statements of Requirements and provides technical specifications for the procurement of unit and team equipment.
- Provides inputs related to close protection to the mission’s budget proposal.
Coordination of CP activities:
- Gathers and analyses information relevant to the tactical level of close protection operations, in coordination with relevant parties, to include other appropriate security organizations as required.
- Within delegated authority, liaises with relevant host country civilian police, military, law enforcement officials and others as necessary.
- Coordinates with other mission security, military and/or police components and support services.
Security inspections and surveys:
- Assists the Senior CSO in the preparation of the threat and tactical risk assessments reports recommending close protection specialized mitigating measures based on the threat identified.
The Objectives of the Specialization Who Should Attend? Our Specialization’s uniqueness ISA – ISRAEL’s Graduates as are encouraged to join: https://weprotect.info/
95% of our graduates improved their status in the security industry!
To become the leaders of the future Civil Security sector’s worldwide.
The Objectives of the Specialization
Who Should Attend?
Our Specialization’s uniqueness
ISA – ISRAEL’s Graduates as are encouraged to join:
✔1 COURSE FEES INCLUDE
✔2 ACCOMMODATION AND LODGING
✔ 3 REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
✔ 4 PARTICIPATION ADMISSION
✔ 5 VISAS
✔ 6 PHYSICAL FITNESS REQUIREMENTS
✔ 7 PACKING LIST FOR PRACTICAL COURSES
✔ 8 CANCELLATIONS
✔ DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
95% of our graduates improved their status in the security industry!
“Fresh” Graduates of ISA – ISRAEL are directed to active former graduates that are
Established and operate Security firms worldwide and can offer
Course fees Includes:
- The “SECURITY BIBLE” – ISA – ISRAEL’s ONLINE instruction materials of your program.
- Attendance at the professional course.
- All of the instruction equipment, vehicles, weapons.
- T-Shirts & special gifts.
- Exploring the country while participating in the training.
- Participation Certificate.
Course’s fees do not include flight & lodging during the training !!!
Accommodation and Lodging
“Boarding Style Lodging”
- ISA-Israel will book the accommodation automatically after receiving the registration form and payment from the candidate.
- The trainee will cover his cost of accommodation in the hotel on his/her arrival to the training center.
- A trainee needs to calculate 25-45 Euro for his/her own expenses for accommodation & 3 meals per day.
Required Documents for PRACTICAL courses:
- Your booking must be accompanied by a 100% payment in order to guarantee a spot in the course- if you are not able to make this payment now, do not place your registration form.
Please send via internet:
- Your registration form
- Copy of your Passport with your details on
- Full fee payment confirmation via bank transfer
No later than 45 days prior to the start of the course.
ISA – ISRAEL’s specialized courses are heavily regulated by the Ministry of Defense and Homeland Security of Israel and other countries where we drill.
Participants must bring the original printed documents upon arriving to ISA – ISRAEL the following documents in order to be accepted for the training:
- Health Certificate– stating that the candidate is physically and mentally fit for the training (from your personal Medic).
- Medical Insurance– each candidate must be covered by his own medical insurance throughout all course activities.
- Criminal Background Check/ Security Clearance- certifying that the candidate has no criminal record:
Local authority permitted certifying that the candidate has no criminal record.
One of these can also be accepted:
- Active police or Military service or any government department employee identification card or official statements
- A lawyer statement
- Valid firearm license
- Security company employee identification card
Prior to your practical training start !!!
Upon receiving your registration form + the training fee:
- You will receive via email from the ISA – ISRAEL office an access code to the “SECURITY BIBLE” of ISA – ISRAEL’s ONLINE instruction materials of your program that you should study and be prepared for theoretical exams after reaching us.
- You can receive an invitation letter if you need to apply for a visa to Israel.
- 2 weeks prior to your course start, ISA-ISRAEL office will send you the needed practical instructions and the training schedule for your arrival to our training site in Europe or Israel.
Course Language- English
- The course is taught in very basic English- there is NO need to speak fluently.
- If you come from a country that requires a visa to enter Israel or Europe, then please complete your registration and participation payment 45 days prior to the training and apply to the relevant consulate in your country to start the visa process.
- Consulate staff will require your employment status and organization, a clean criminal record, and the financial mans to pay for your stay during your visit in Israel or Europe.
- Candidates that are required to apply for visa to join our courses in ISRAEL or any other country where we plan to enter for drilling 1-2 days during the course , be advised to obtain a Multiple Entry Visa for your return to ISRAEL .
Recommended- Self Preparatory Training
- From past experience, we believe that it is vital for the trainee who wishes to take part in our courses to partake in self preparatory training prior to his arrival to our course.
Physical Fitness Requirements for ISA’s Practical Courses (for graduating the course)
- Horizontal bars- 12 or more (Pull ups)
- 3000 meters- less than 17 minutes
- Parallel Bars- more then 16 (dips)
- Sit- ups, cross-legged against the wall, minimum 60 sit ups- less than one and a half minutes
- 400 meters- Maximum 75 seconds- running in pairs
Packing List for Practical Courses:
- International driving license
- 2 sets of “Tactical” pens , khaki, black, gray or dark blue- NOT camouflaged
- 1 pair of running shoes
- 2 sets of corporate casual wear (must have collar)
- 1 sturdy belt for use of holsters and pistol
- 1 pair of street shoes (no sneakers)
- 2 rolls of ? inch medical tape
- 1 set each ear (foamiest, not muffs) and eye protection
- 2 knee protectors + 2 elbow protectors
- 1 set of formal wear, dark colors (suit and tie)
- 2 passport pictures
- Digital camera- recommended
Additional Packing List for High Risk Protection Course Only
- 1 Compass
- 1 Flash Light
- 2 long sleeve shirts suitable for desert environment
Packing List for the Management Specialization Course
- Casual Wear
- 2 Passport photographs
- Digital Camera- recommended
- Cancellations by ISA-Israel- we reserve the right to postpone, cancel, or alter the dates or provisions of a course and/or the venues of the course.
- Cancellations by the client- in the event of a cancellation by the delegate, the delgate’s manager or any representative of the delegate’s organization, bookings will be transferred to the next available course, or to a future date that meets the candidate’s request. A substitute delegate may be sent at no additional cost provided the substitute meets all necessary pre-entry conditions for that course. If a booking is cancelled or transferred to a different course by the delegate or their representative:
- Notice Given: Less than 30 days, you can transfer to another future date only if places are available. Telephone cancellations are accepted but most be confirmed immediately in writing (by post, fax, or email).
- No refund after receive of the ISA – ISRAEL Instruction materials and manual.
ENROLL TO THAT COURSE NOW